1. Information Collected By Ideaphora
- User-Provided Information: You may provide Ideaphora with certain information by which someone could personally identify you such as your name, email or unique username when participating in various activities on the Ideaphora Network. In addition to providing us with personal information directly, and only if you authorize us to do so, we may access the personal information that you have provided third party Internet sites and services (for example, Facebook, Twitter or Google) through the use of an application programming interface.
- Usage Data: As described in this section, we automatically collect certain information when you use the Ideaphora Network. Usage data includes the information that your web browser automatically sends to our servers whenever you visit as well as information generated from your use of applications on the Ideaphora Network. The usage data collected in our server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser. We send the cookies to your browser when you visit the Ideaphora Network. “Cookies” are pieces of information that a web sites transfers to your computer’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. We may use Adobe Flash or a similar technology that remembers settings, preferences and usage in a manner similar to browser cookies, but which is managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. You can set your web browser and Adobe Flash Player to refuse all cookies. However, most features of the Ideaphora Network may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled. Usage data collected by the Ideaphora Network may include data related to how you interact with the applications on the Ideaphora Network and the output of such applications. In addition, the Ideaphora Network may use third-party analytic software (for example, Google Analytics) to collect further usage data regarding the online usage patterns of our users. We may combine usage data with personal data in a manner that enables us to trace usage data to an individual user.
2. The Way Ideaphora Uses Information
- We may use your Personal Data and Usage Data (together, “User Information“) to operate, maintain, improve and provide to you the features and functionality of the Ideaphora Website and for related business purposes.
- By submitting your contact information to the Ideaphora Website, you consent to being contacted by us. We may use your email address or other Personally Identifiable Information to send you marketing messages about the Ideaphora Website, new Ideaphora products and services, Ideaphora updates or as part of a specific program or feature. You will have the ability to opt-out of such use. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of important Ideaphora Website changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use your User Information to (i) improve the quality and design of the Ideaphora Website and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences and trends; (ii) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Ideaphora Website; (iii) provide custom, personalized content and information, (iv) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.; and (v) track your uses of the Ideaphora Website.
3. Information That Ideaphora May Disclose
- We may provide your personal information to third-party service providers that are integrated with and provide a portion of the functionality of the Ideaphora Network (our “Partners“). For example: (i) we may host portions of the Ideaphora Network with our Partners; (ii) we may process payments using Partners who are third-party payment processors; and (iii) you are or may be able to login to the Ideaphora Network using Facebook Connect, Twitter Sign-in and similar authentication tools.
- We may share your personal information and usage data (such as anonymous user usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with certain third-party service providers to assist us in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, and/or functionality on the Ideaphora Network.
4. Your Choices
- You may, of course, decline to submit personal information through the Ideaphora Network, in which case Ideaphora may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your personal information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account’s profile page.
5. Data Security
Ideaphora uses safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of personal information you transmit to Ideaphora and you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. Please note that the safeguards we use are not a guarantee that your information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
6. Children’s Privacy
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act ( “COPPA“) require us to inform parents and legal guardians (as used in this Section, “parents“) and teachers, schools, and school districts (where appropriate) about our practices for collecting, using and disclosing personal information from children under the age of thirteen (“child” or “children“). It also requires us to obtain verifiable consent from a child’s parent for certain collection, use and disclosure of the child’s personal information.
This Section notifies parents of:
- The types of information we may collect from children.
- How we use the information we collect.
- Our practices for disclosing that information.
- Our practices for notifying and obtaining parents’ consent when we collect personal information from children, including how a parent may revoke consent.
- All operators that collect or maintain information from children through this website.
- Information We Collect from Children
We only collect as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in an activity on the Ideaphora Network, and we do not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
Information We Collect Directly. A child must provide us with the following information to register with the Ideaphora Network: the child’s name, birth date, school, and grade level. We also require the child to create a username and password. We may request additional information from your child, but this information is optional. We specify whether information is required or optional where we request it.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking. We use technology to automatically collect information from our users, including children, when they access and navigate through the Ideaphora Network and use certain of its features. The information we collect through these technologies may include:
- One or more persistent identifiers that can be used to recognize a user over time and across different websites and online services.
- Information that identifies a device’s location (geolocation information).
- The process by which a child builds and gathers knowledge through the Ideaphora Network.
We use the personal information we collect from your child to:
- register him or her with the Ideaphora Network;
- communicate with him or her about activities or features of the Ideaphora Network that may be of interest;
- track his or her performance in activities on the Ideaphora Network; and
- allow his or her teacher and/or school district administrators to monitor his or her performance in activities on the Ideaphora Network.
We use the information we collect automatically to improve the Ideaphora Network and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about the child’s preferences, allowing us to customize the content according to individual interests.
We do not share, sell, rent or transfer children’s personal information other than as described in this Section.
We may disclose children’s personal information:
- To a child’s teacher to allow the teacher to monitor the child’s performance in activities on the Ideaphora Network.
- To a child’s school district administrators to allow the administrator to monitor the child’s performance in activities on the Ideaphora Network.
- To third parties we use to support the internal operations of the Ideaphora Network and who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- If we are required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Ideaphora, our customers or others, including to:
- protect the safety of a child;
- protect the safety and security of the Ideaphora Network; or
- enable us to take precautions against liability.
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
In addition, as set forth in Section 9, if Ideaphora is involved in a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale, change of control or transfer of some or all of Ideaphora’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding or event, we may transfer the personal information we have collected or maintained to the buyer or other successor.
- Accessing and Correcting Your Child’s Personal Information
At any time, you may review your child’s personal information maintained by us. To the extent that the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act applies to any information stored on the Ideaphora Network, requests for access will be referred to the applicable school to be handled in accordance with the applicable school’s policy.
To the extent that the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act does not apply, you can review, change or delete, or withdraw consent for us to collect your child’s personal information by:
- Logging into your child’s account and visiting his or her account profile page.
- Sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To protect your privacy and security, we may require you to take certain steps or provide additional information to verify your identity before we provide any information or make corrections.
Ideaphora is the only operator that collects children’s information through the Network.
Please direct your inquiries about our privacy practices and use of children’s information to:
ATTN: Customer Service
2748 Vale Court
Lake Oswego, OR 97034
7. Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits users of the Ideaphora Network that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, with “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the subject line and your full name, email address, postal address and specific services you have used in the body of the email.
California law also requires that operators of websites and online services disclose how they respond to a “Do Not Track” signal and whether other third parties may collect personal information about an individual’s online activities from their website or online service. Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the website or online service that a user visits, indicating that the users does not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret “Do Not Track” signals, the Ideaphora Network does not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals. Again, please note that some features of the Ideaphora Network may not function properly when cookies are disabled or removed. For more information regarding “Do Not Track” mechanisms, see http://allaboutdnt.com.
8. Special Note to International Users
9. In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale, change of control or transfer of some or all of Ideaphora’s assets. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred or used, and you consent to the transfer of your personal information to any third party successors or assigns.
11. Date Last Modified
12. Questions, Disputes and Contact Information
If you wish to access or modify your personal information, or if you have any dispute regarding your personal information, please contact us with any questions, comments, or concerns as follows:
ATTN: Customer Service
2748 Vale Court
Lake Oswego, OR 97034